DEALING WITH THE CHALLENGES OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
With Peter Scott
In this episode, we discuss the developing challenges with artificial intelligence, or what is commonly known as AI.
What’s inspiring about Peter’s Story?
“Being 50% NASA computer scientist gave me the expertise to deduce there is a threat to the survival of the human race. Being 50% transformational coach gave me the background to see a solution. But when I became 100% dad, I realized that I couldn’t just leave it up to other people to solve it; I owed it to my children to get this message out. As an introverted geek I was the last person that ought to be getting up on a stage to convince people of anything, and yet that’s where my mission has taken me.” ~ Peter Scott
Listen to complete podcast now
In this episode, we learn about…
- How Peter’s interest in science began and how he ended up at NASA
- What Peter is doing for NASA today
- What artificial intelligence is
- How computers learn
- Peter’s concern about AI. Peter asks, “What does this mean for my girl’s future?”
- Some good uses of AI
- Universal income as a solution
- How Industry Conferences are taking place and AI protocol is being discussed
- The Turing Test – how do we know when your computer is thinking?
QUOTES from Peter Scott
- There are more ways that this can go wrong that they could go right
- The automation of jobs he’s going to accelerate with no clear solution to it
- Every technical advance in the past as creating new and better jobs
- We could end up with machines that can think better than we can and where do we go from there?
- People should be looking at the future of their jobs and how AI might impact them
- When we train people that act like machines it’s not long before machines can replace those people
- When it comes to AI the future isn’t hopeless that could actually be quite glorious but we have to master it
- If you’re talking to someone over text chat and you can’t tell the difference if it’s a human being or a computer then the computer is thinking like a human.
- Make sure your own survival is attended to, or else you can’t look at any other levels
- We’re on the brink of a technological revolution that will invade the traditional boundaries of that definition [of being human]