GET INSPIRED TALKS (“GI Talks”)
GI Talks performs two functions: First, we train mission-driven businesspeople to craft and deliver memorable presentations that engage emotions and inspire action. Second, we record some of our graduates’ talks that spotlight creative solutions to humanity’s pressing problems and rally audiences to take action; we then globalize the impact and influence of each talk by formatting it into a video, a podcast episode and an e-book chapter to reach, inspire and activate online audiences.
GI Talks delivers help and hope to 3 parties:
1. mission-driven businesspeople who need to improve their presentation skills and need a platform to tell the world about their creative ideas
2. victims suffering from one of humanity’s pressing problems
3. action-takers who want options to make a difference in their own way.
GI Talks supports mission-driven businesspeople to become memorable presenters and deliver inspiring short talks that spotlight humanity’s pressing problems, offer creative solutions and rally live audiences to take up their calls to action. The impact and influence of each talk is scaled by formatting it into a video and an e-book chapter to reach, inspire and activate much larger online audiences.
GI Talks elevates people to see beyond their self-interest and realize that they can make a difference in their own way. We do this by training mission-driven businesspeople to become memorable speakers and craft talks in which they spotlight creative solutions to humanity’s pressing problems and rally live audiences to take up their call to action. The impact and influence of each talk is scaled by formatting it into a video and an e-book chapter to reach, inspire and activate online audiences. In 2030 we’ll describe 10,000 graduates’ talks. Each talk will be seen, heard or read 100,000 times to inspire over 1 billion actions that move the needle toward a better world.
GI Talks has 4 core values:
- Action – Making action happen is the overriding purpose of every student’s talk.
- Sustainable altruism We are a social enterprise that is both altruistic and intent on making enough money to internally finance our growth.
- Win:win – We seek win:win outcomes from every relationship.
- Excellence – We do everything with excellence.
GI Talks’ graduates’ talks are heard, read and listened to by:
- Caring and concerned optimists.
- Role models seeking direction.
- Early-adopters, influencers and collaborators.
- Everyday humanitarians wanting options to make a difference in their own way.
- Change agents, action takers and difference makers.
GI Talks faces competition from Toastmasters International, Dale Carnegie, TED, TEDx and a plethora of single city events.
GI Talks’ training courses have 8 features:
- They are not ‘get excited and do nothing’ courses; they focus on being completed and getting results.
- Their primary objective it to teach students how to fish; their secondary objective is to give them fish.
- They are intense and require that students have sufficient bandwidth to participate fully.
- They are a blend of online education modalities.
- They use a step-by-step system to avoid student overwhelm.
- They include homework whose completion provides students with fast, tangible results.
- They include one-on-one mentorship.
- They include membership in a weekly, facilitated, Zoom group for peer evaluation of homework i.e., support/accountability.