Get Inspired Talks (“GIT”) is a live event where unsung local heroes deliver short talks. Each talk features a creative solution to one of humanity’s pressing problems and rallies audience members to take remedial action. The impact and influence of each talk is scaled by formatting it into a video, a book chapter and a podcast to reach, inspire and activate online audiences. A GIT event will be held in Vancouver on November 7, 2020. In 2021, GIT events will be held in two cities. By 2030, we’ll produce two GIT events annually in 400 cities. Every event will feature at least 15 change-makers. Their 12,000 solutions will each be seen, heard or read 100,000 times to inspire over 1 billion actions that move the needle toward a better world.
GIT gives help to change-makers with creative and credible solutions to humanity’s pressing problems, hope to people suffering from those problems and options to action-takers wanting to make a difference in their own way.
Saturday, November 7, 2020
- Venue: Granville Island Stage theatre, 1585 Johnston Street, Vancouver
- Theme: Making Action Happen
- Afternoon show: Nine 6 to 16 year-old speakers; 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Evening show: Seven adults speakers; 7 pm to 10 pm
- Earlybird tickets (until August 31, 2020): $39 per show
- Regular tickets (from September 1, 2020): $47 per show
- 8 of more contiguous seats can be reserved
- All other seats are general admission
GIT is a beacon of hope for humanity – it elevates people to see beyond their self-interest, realize that they can make a difference and take action to make that difference happen.