Rotary Get Inspired Talks (“RGIT”) is a live event where unsung local heroes deliver short talks. Each talk spotlights one of humanity’s problems and offers a creative solution that rallies audience members to take action. The impact and influence of each talk is scaled by formatting it into a video and an e-book chapter to reach, inspire and activate online audiences. Two RGIT events will be held in Vancouver in 2020. In 2021, RGIT events will be held in two cities. By 2030, we’ll be producing two RGIT events annually in 400 cities. Every event will feature 15 change-makers. Their 12,000 solutions will each be seen, heard or read 100,000 times to inspire over 1 billion actions that move the needle toward a better world.
RGIT delivers help to change-makers with creative and credible solutions to humanity’s pressing problems, hope to people suffering from those problems and options to action-takers wanting to make a difference in their own way.
Saturday, May 23, 2020
- Venue: Granville Island Stage theatre, 1585 Johnston Street, Vancouver
- Theme: Making Action Happen
- Afternoon show: Eight 6 to 16 year-old speakers; 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Evening show: Seven adults speakers; 7 pm to 10 pm
- Earlybird tickets (until March 31, 2020): $39 per show
- Regular tickets (from April 1, 2020): $47 per show
- 8 of more contiguous seats can be reserved
- All other seats are general admission
RGIT is a beacon of hope for humanity – it elevates people to see beyond their self-interest, realize that they can make a difference and take action to make that difference happen.